The ethnic or regional composition of the officers of the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) would’t make one under its investigation and prosecution comfortable if they hail from the so-called non Zambezi ethnicities or regions.
Currently the officers of the ACC are:
- Board Chairperson – Musa Mwenye SC (Soli)
- Director General – Tom Trevor Shamakamba (Lenje)
- Deputy Director General – Vacant
- Secretary to the Commission (Controlling Officer) Ivor Mukwanka (Ila and cousin to Tom Trevor Shamakamba through the mother)
And the officers heading the four core departments of ACC are:
- Director for Community Education – Mutinta Cheelo (Tonga)
- Director for Corruption Prevention – Glenda Mungalaba (Tonga)
- Director for Investigations – Raymond Chiboola (Tonga)
And under Investigations there’s the Special Intelligence Unit headed by
Desmond Chiboola, the young brother to Raymond Chiboola (Tonga)
- Director for Legal and Prosecutions – Stella Mulenga (Married to Mr. Mulenga who is Bemba).
- Finance – headed by Josphat Maiba (Tonga)
- HR headed by Rachel Chisanga Mtengo in acting capacity (Bisa)
Again, we turn to the more often quoted aphorism – the dictum laid down by Lord Hewart, the then Lord Chief Justice of England in the case of Rex v. Sussex Justices,  1 KB 256: “Justice must not only be done, but must also be seen to be done.”
This is certainly not a recipe for governing well or for justice and fairness. It undermines the very important work of the ACC and unnecessarily brings into question the fairness of its decisions and actions.